Saturday, November 24, 2012

Our Military Bucket List

After going to a West Point football game, I realized a Military Bucket List may be a cool thing to have. Naturally, because it comes from me, it has a twist to it: my list is made up as we accomplish things, although a few things may be on there before we actually attempt them. So, without further ado, here is the list.
Our Military Bucket List  


  • live OCONUS at least once We lived in Puerto Rico and Germany
  • visit Disney Parks during military appreciation We went to Disney twice, once when Tre was young and once when Trin was young. I'd like to go one more time for the child in ME!
  • visit Busch Gardens during military appreciation We visited Busch Gardens Europe and Africa
  • have children in different parts of the world Trin was born in Puerto Rico and Tre in Georgia
  • pick up at least one NEW language We took an interest in Italian, but I don't think that counts, as I have been talking about it for a long time now. The Samoan language was introduced to me at WP. I want to learn more.
  • go to a West Point football game CHECK! We went to the last home game of the season: WP vs. Tremble.
  • start a new tradition from each duty station CHECK!
  • host a  holiday dinner for the family In West Point, we finally go to host a holiday meal. It was Thanksgiving 2012 and it was absolutely fantastic bumping into everyone in the kitchen to get things done!
  • provide gate guards with hot chocolate on Christmas
  • acquire a new recipe customary to the area of our temporary home
  • maintain a Blog specific to our military experiences 
  • come away from each duty station with at least one way to improve character
 

No comments:

Post a Comment